Monday, March 3, 2014

Mi Clase de Español

Happy (Final?) Snow Day, everyone!

Welcome to my blog! I am a Spanish teacher who is happily teaching 8th graders Spanish 1. I feel fortunate to be able to share any tips I have learned with you and I welcome any ideas that you use in class. I hope to use this as a way to share all of the neat activities I have learned over my five years of teaching that I feel have worked well to keep my students interested and engaged in learning Spanish.

I also want to share what I have been working on a lot this year: songs to use in class! A few years ago, I went to the Ohio Foreign Language Association Conference and went to a great session on using music in class. I have experimented here and there with it in the past, but I wanted to really go full steam ahead this year.

So, each week I have been incorporating a Spanish song into my class. Usually, I try to find songs with appropriate videos to make it more interesting.

Here is what we used this past Friday.

"Hasta Que Salga el Sol" por Don Omar

I really thought that this was a great song/video to use in anticipation of the World Cup this Summer. Even though this video features clips from past Euro Cups, it was a great tool to use to show the importance of "fútbol" in Spanish speaking cultures and was awesome to use in our sports chapter we just started.

Feel free to use!



No comments:

Post a Comment